Friday, April 10, 2009

Bibles

I bought the kids their first Bibles. I'm hopeful that they are old enough that they won't destroy them. I got a case for Zoë's. Jason's is hardback. I told them both that they are not to draw in them.

We'll see.

They are ridiculously cute.

This is Zoë's



This is Jason's



Click those for more info.

I really liked the translation. It's not quite as precise as I like...but then again, when I'm talking with the kids, I'm not as precise as I would like. I found it to be rather true for how simple it was attempting to make the language. One passage in particular read something like

"Respect God and obey his commandments. This is the most important thing."

As opposed to

"Fear God and keep his commandments. For, this is man's all."

Anyhow. Their first Bibles. It's a cool thing.

-Justin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home