Thursday, July 13, 2006

More Jason Stuff

They are not doing dobutamine all the time, but pretty close. The dosage is relatively low and is administered at the same time as the digoxen (which I believe is continuous). I haven’t seen the doc today, but it was my understanding today is probably his last day on dobutamine.

He is on heart, respiration, oxygen and bp monitors all the time. He’s on a regular schedule of EKGs and echoes. He’s also had a few more drugs added to his cocktail. I don’t recall the names off hand, but they are accomplishing the things I’ve already discussed, lowering BP, reducing and regulating heart rate. The alarms when any go to far a field are annoying. I mean, obviously I don’t care, because if it’s not a false alarm, we want to know about it. But the false alarms happen every 20 minutes or so.

Jason got down to 90bpm yesterday evening. That’s a little lower than they want, but still in the basic target area. It stayed there for about 30 minutes then went back to 150bpm. It’s been bouncing between 90 and 160 since then. The short term goal is to stabilize it somewhere around 120.

He’s also started to get some regular beats. When he’s between 90 and 120, he gets 5 to 10 regular beats a minute. About half the time he’s going from a regular to an irregular heart beat he skips a beat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home