Saturday, April 18, 2009

Stopped in West, TX

It's a Czechoslovakian city. They have really good baked goods. Anyhow. Jason was being a crazy man. He made a bathroom stop take about twice as long as it should. I finally ended up needing to take the kids out of the store. I asked Jason why he was being so bad. He said he was being good.

Justin - "No you're not. You're jumping up and down. You're pulling things off the shelf. You're not coming when you're called."
...
Justin - "You know; mom is buying a cinimon roll for you and Zoë. I bet Zoë would like the whole thing. Zoë, would you eat the whole thing?"
(vigorous nodding)
Justin - "Mom and dad are getting something else. We don't want the cinnimon roll. But, I'm not going to give it to a boy who's going to keep being bad."
...
Justin - "Now, are you going to be good?"
Jason - "Yes, I'm going to be good."
Justin - "What are you going to do to be good?"
Jason - "I'm going to p*ay to be good."
Justin - "You're going to play to be good?"
Jason - "I'm going to pray to be good."
I doubt I was able to conceal the look of surprise on my face.
Justin - "That's a good answer. You be good, okay?"
Jason - "Okay."

-J

2 Comments:

Anonymous Grampa Hash said...

The doting Grampa in me says, "Jason is learning a lot from his Mom and Dad and in Bible class."

The worldly lawyer in me suspects he was "getting religion" to get on the good side of the judge.

20/4/09 8:14 AM  
Blogger Naffel said...

The cynic in me agrees with the lawyer in you, but it was still a good answer.

I'll tell a related story in my next post.

20/4/09 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home