Friday, March 17, 2006

Swings, Cars and Merry-Go-Rounds

So, we went to the park yesterday. Jason's still a bit small for this stuff, but he rode in mom's sling, like a little kangeroo. They went swinging, down slides and on the merry-go-round.

Zoƫ, on the other hand, got to do some stuff by herself. Most importantly, she got to ride in a toddler swing by herself for the first time. As long as I made noise to distract her, she thought it was pretty funning to be zooming in and out on dad's face. However, once she looked up or down she got pretty disoriented and kinda scared. I'd make noise again to distract her. Then it was alternating laughter with faces of terror. :)

boo hoo hoo woo hoo boo hoo hoo woo hoo boo hoo hoo

All in all, she really liked it. She got to sit with mom and brother on the merry-go-round. Once it stopped spinning she looked like the "Great Tiger" off of Mike Tyson's Punch Out (after his big attack, obviously).

However, the funniest thing, at least to her cruel parents, was that she was continually trying to climb in dad's shirt. It took us a while to figure out why, but then we saw it. She is terrified of vehicles. She'd be flapping her arms, 'talking' and looking around. Then when one of those big cars went by she'd bury her face in my chest and grab me so hard with her hands that I still have marks today. I know, I know...scared babies aren't funny. But you're wrong. It was quite funny.

It does lose a bit of something in the translation though.

I had a polo shirt on, with the buttons undone. At one point she got both of her arms all the way in my shirt and had her face against the skin of my chest. If she could have found a way to get all the way in my shirt she would have. Then once the car was gone, she'd pop back out like a prarie dog or something.

-Justin

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

bonn this has nothing to do with the babies but since this is he only way i can get a message to you. Dora Mae Kyle passed away this morning and you have an old friend who could prob use a friend rightnow.-Chris

21/3/06 5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home