Thursday, July 28, 2005

PO-TAY-TO :: PO-TAH-TO

So we picked a girl name quite a while ago. But there now seems to be a bit of debate on whether it is spelled.

Zoƫ Marie Carrell or Zoey Marie Carrell

A few people have told us that this is a hooooorible name. Luckily, Bonny and I don't really care all that much what ya'll think about it.

Now it would ruin the poll to tell you which of us chose what, but I figure many of you already know. Nevertheless, what are ya'lls thoughts on the matter?

Not that we'll care all that much what ya'll think about this either.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kenneth P Woodruff said...

Gotta go with the umlauts!

28/7/05 3:12 PM  
Blogger Amy Godknecht said...

I think that Zoey is an adorable name! Although, I do agree that the two little dots are a bit much. I was just always glad my parents just spelled my name A-M-Y instead of Ami, Aimee, Amiee, you get the point!

28/7/05 5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My vote is for Zoey, but I can not
spell so what do I know.

But what kind of name is Zoey?

Well I looked it up.

Origin: Greek
Meaning: Life

28/7/05 7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You probably don't want to go the umlaut directions simply because it will be a 'royal pain' any time you/she has something to fill out using a computer program that doesn't accomodate for that. Also, documents that others generate will be wrong about 95% of the time (personal experience tells me). They have enough trouble with Carrell. Zoey shouldn't be mispronounced as much either; we already know people will mispronounce her last name.:)

29/7/05 1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, just because they think it's a girl doesn't mean it is. What about boys' names?

29/7/05 2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for Zoey as well. The other method of spelling just sets the poor child up for all kinds of irritation. Besides, if she prefers the alternate spelling when she's older she can simply change it then.

1/8/05 11:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for z-o-umlaut e

3/8/05 4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Zoe. That's the common spelling too.

3/8/05 4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home