Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Not exactly baby related

Well, it effects our money flow... So, I guess anything we buy effects the adoption.

But anyhow, I took my car into the garage yesterday. It's getting up around 70k miles and needs to have its struts replaced. I took it in to get it looked at, and they confirmed it was time for the struts to get changed out. They said it would take a couple of days.

This morning, after dropping Bonny off at work, I headed on to Lockheed. Then, I saw my car drive past. I followed it into the Chick-Fil-A parking lot. It went through the drive through. I parked and walked up to the car when it was at the window. I asked them (there were two of them) to roll down the window.

I said, "Hey, I saw my car drive by and thought I'd see how long ya'll thought it was going to be before the repairs were done."

"Uh, it shouldn't take long once we get the parts in."

"Your still waiting on the tie rods?"

"Yeah, and some of the strut assembly."

"Alright, just checking."

And I headed on to work. I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt. I thought maybe they were done fixing it and took it out to make sure everything was running right.

A guy at work says I should have demanded they get out of the car and leave them there, drive back to the dealership and ask if maybe they could keep it on the lot this time. If I had thought of that at the time, I would have been sorely tempted.

I must say, I'm a bit distracted today at work trying to decide exactly what I'm going to do when I go to pick up the car.

At any rate, I thought the story was interesting.

-J

2 Comments:

Blogger Naffel said...

Well, I thought of several funny ideas after I was at work, but I really needed to go cool off before I dealt with it. I should have used my remote to set off the panic alarm, they would have had to disconnect the battery to turn it off. :)

I did check the law, and it wasn't car theft, but it was illegal.

I went and talked to their manager's boss, and I camed armed with mucho details, as well as the name of a material witness (i.e. the girl working the Chick-Fil-A drive through window). I got about 25% off, which came out to about $210.

I dunno, I probably could have gotten more, but didn't feel like messing with it anymore.

21/7/05 3:41 PM  
Blogger Naffel said...

I camed armed?

I amed tired. :)

I didn't sleep good last night, and spent this morning fixing my other car. Fun fun.

21/7/05 3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home