Thursday, April 24, 2008

Well, it occurs to me...

Originally, I made the blog so when I called 5 people and told them news or a story I could put it here in case I missed anyone. But I've be relapsing to where I call 3 or 4 people and everyone else never hears the story.

That said, here's a story that none of you have heard.

The family was at Chick-Fil-A yesterday between chiropractor and church. Zoë and Jason had finished their meal and were in the play area. A little boy came in and Zoë and he hit it off. They were sprinting up the steps, through the habitrail and diving head first down the slide. (Yes, diving. You could hear them hit the plastic about three feet down the slide.) The boy was leading and Zoë was inches behind...which normally meant a collision at the bottom (which of course was half the fun).

Well, Zoë is as strong as an ox, and the boy was 6 to 12 months older than her. She was keeping up, but Jason was lagging behind. Finally, he decided to take a break and play with the 3 and under section of the play place. Zoë got distracted and stopped to watch. Then the thundering of the boy's progression stop, and I hear a yell from the top.

"Little girl. Where'd you go?"

Zoë got an expression on her face saying, "oh no, I forgot."

She goes thundering up and he comes thundering down and they meet nose to nose.

Zoë - "Oh, hi kid."

And they were back to the races.

-J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home