Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Why does she do it?

I wish I knew why Zoë defiled her food. I nuked some frozen chicken biscuits for breakfast today. (We're doing quick to prepare food these days, as free time is short.) Well, a while later Jason informed me that he didn't like how they tasted. I tasted one, and they certainly weren't good, but they weren't awful either. I told him to give it a try. So, a while later, they still informed me they were not good. So, we tried some yogurt. I proceeded to eat Jason's castoff sandwich. I then took a bite from Zoë's at which point she informed me that she was going to eat it.

Okay, you said you didn't like it and wanted yogurt when I was getting Jason some, but if you're going to eat it, then by all means... So, I gave it back. I called the insurance company (a task that I was quite lucky only took about 20 minutes) and then went back to the kitchen. Zoë had eaten no more of her sandwich, but she had coated it in raspberry yogurt. Needless to say, I was more than upset. I set her at the table and told her that she was to sit there until she had eaten it. "Maybe I don't want to eat it." "Well, you know what. I would have eaten it, but you messed it up. You made it, you're going to eat it." I then went to make yet another phone call. This one about FMLA. (I hate how many phone calls you have to make when you have an emergency or surgery. Kinda busy right now. Can I make the 400 phone calls after things have settled down a bit?) So, back in the kitchen, I discover that she did not stay in her seat, and she did not eat the sandwich. She threw it away... Oh...I thought about still making her eat it...

I stood her in a corner while I took my shower. I had a talking with her... Afterwards, she was pretty sure she needed cookies.

/sigh

Ah well, off to work. Going to try and get two or three hours in...at least read emails.

-J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home