Saturday, February 14, 2009

Jason “Money Magnet” Carrell

So, we went to Wal-Mart today. Jason and Zoë each used their monies to buy one toy each and one valentine’s day give for Bonny each. I found matching games and (since Cootie is fun but 1000 games of Cootie is burdensome) I bought two. I got a Spiderman and Friends one and a Disney Princess one. So, we played a 144 card (mixed deck) game of memory. Jason did extremely well. Zoë did well, but tuckered out and went down for a nap part way through. Afterwards, Jason was still raring to go. So, he asked to go for a walk. He with nunchucks (the toy he bought earlier) and I with a katana; we roamed the streets at twilight.

Well, we didn’t really roam. He was heading back to Wal-Mart. (A decent walk for a three year old.) So, we roam around in Wal-Mart. I decide to get some new exercise shorts. I get up to self checkout, and am annoyed that at the sign “No Cash / No Cash Return”. We’ve been trying to limit our bank access by getting cash out every two weeks and using that for regular purchases. Well, they were only five bucks; so, I decide to just use my debit card and I’ll sort it out later. I pull out my twenties and pull the debit card out of the middle of them. I’m checking out and Jason hands me a twenty. “Oh, dude! Did I drop that?” “Yeah, daddy. You dropped it in there.” Well, he pointed to the cash return. “Uhm…” So, I count my bills and I still have all mine. He has just pulled a twenty out of the machine that has no cash, nor can it return cash. So, I tell the cashier, “I think my son just pulled a twenty out of that machine. Did someone just check out there?” “Sir, that machine doesn’t have cash in it.” “Uhm, okay. Still, he got the twenty while standing right there. So, even if it was on the ground, it might be the last person that checked out there.” I’ll spare you the agonizing details of trying to rationalize with this person. The long and the short of it is she said, “If you don’t want it; I’ll take it.” I then thought something unfit for the blog…funny…but unfit for the blog.

Point is; this kid has found more money in his life than I have.

-J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home