Wednesday, July 11, 2007

So, turn the crib upside down.

Well, I've thought about it.

We woke up this morning to Jason crying. Something had woken him up and he wasn't happy about it. It was about time for his medicine, so, Bonny got up and headed towards the kitchen. She opened our bedroom door, and

"Hi, momma!"

So, she called over to me and said something to the effect of, "Look Justin, it's Zoë."

Best we can tell, she hurdled her crib wall, falling onto her foam chair. Then she opened her bedroom door and she was free. I count my blessings that just yesterday I bought door knob covers to prevent her from opening any dangerous doors (like the ones to the outside world).

This of course brings up that Zoë can open doors now. (Doors with round handles that is. They've both been able to open doors with lever handles for a while now.) She's been able to do it for about four weeks; although Bonny didn't believe me. I kept saying, "How else did my shoes get into her bedroom?" or "But I just closed that door." These were answered with, "Well, she probably snuck in while I was in there." or "You must not have closed it all the way."

Well, about a week ago I was in the office and Bonny came to look something up on the PC real quick. I was making a comment about leaving the kids in the kitchen when the point became moot. "Oh, hi Zoë. You see!!! YOU SEE!!!"

"Oh, you didn't close it good."

"YOU CLOSED IT?"

"Oh..."

Biased? Maybe, but she can tell her version. :p

-J

1 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

that is great!!

1/8/07 9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home