Thursday, January 04, 2007

Who's the parrot?

Well, we are bird sitting. A friend of ours' grandmother died. We are birdy sitting their cockateel ... cockateal ... cocka... oh nevermind, you know what I mean. Luckily, when it gets dark the bird gets quiet. All, I know is, when I got up to take my shower, it was making noises far louder than I ever want to hear at that time of the morning.

Zoƫ, on the other hand, loves it. She'll stand by the table looking up into its cage. When ever it makes a sound she'll mimic it. If it gets quite she'll sing to it. Then the bird will squalk talk back. Bonny says it's cute. I say, it would be cute, if it wasn't so piercingly loud and annoying.

It's only a matter of time before there's bird seed on the floor and we find the kids eating it.

-J

3 Comments:

Blogger Kenneth P Woodruff said...

I don't think it's the bird seed you should be worried about the kids eating.

5/1/07 9:59 AM  
Blogger Naffel said...

/shudder

Well, hopefully, that will fall to the paper. Right now, there is a ring of bird seed and feathers around the cage.

5/1/07 1:59 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

We are back so don't fret. We will be taking the bird back soon.

7/1/07 7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home